The 84th Annual Craftsmen’s Fair, held for nine days at the beginning of August, was a tremendous event. We kicked things off with our Preview Party night which was well attended and featured a sneak peek at our exhibition spaces – The Sculpture Garden, CraftWear and Living with Craft! The weather truly cooperated – what a beautiful week for an outdoor Fair! We were excited to see so many guests coming through the gates, keeping the craftsmen busy. The live music line up was top-notch with original music every day. Fuller’s Sugarhouse, King Arthur Flour, Cabot Cheese and Popzup Popcorn joined us in the Tasting Tent, right next to the Cog Railway’s Peppersass engine. There were daily raffles for Cog Railway tickets, demonstrations and workshops for all ages and interests, a fast-selling new t-shirt design, and lots of great publicity from media outlets throughout the region.
The League of NH Craftsmen staff and board extend our thanks to everyone who made this event a great success:
- our dedicated volunteers who supported our craftsmen in the tents and at the workshops
- our demonstrators and workshop leaders who share the process with our visitors
- our support staff who provide the tents, electricity, medical services and security
- the staff of the Mount Sunapee Resort who take such good care of us in so many ways for the month we set up our office with them
- our generous sponsors who allow us to continue to offer this opportunity to our craftsmen year after year – to include our Fair program and marketing of the event, and other in-kind donations as well as funding
- our supporting members and Annual Fund donors who have faith in the League’s mission year-round
- our loyal guests who keep coming back and inviting their friends
- our talented, hardworking craftsmen who share their talent and passion with our audience – they are the reason the League exists and continues to hold the Fair after 84 years.
We are already excited for the momentous 85th Annual Fair which will run from August 4th-12th, 2018. Make a plan now to be a part of it!